Must be 4 Pages minimum not counting the title page and references.
Research Topic: Perspective on Domestic Terrorism
(Islamism and Ku Klux Klan)
Research Question, Purpose Statement, and Design Statement
In this assignment you will present your research question along with a purpose statement. You will also present your preliminary thoughts on a research design. In other words, how do you intend to answer your research question? The specific research question should be of depth and breadth required for a major project. There is a template attached with the proper headings and settings. You are required to use this template to submit your assignment. This temple is attached as “Assignment1Template.”
Required Elements of the Assignment
1 – Introduction – Provide pertinent information related to your topic focusing on why your topic is important. The introduction contains three secondary headings which are Purpose Statement, Research Question, and Design Statement.
2 – Purpose Statement – Present your purpose statement in this section.
3 – Research Question – Present your research question in this section.
4 – Design Statement – Explain how you intend to answer your research question. This section represents your preliminary thoughts on a methodology. For example, you may intend to conduct a case study in order to answer your research question. It is expected that your research design will evolve as a result of conducting the literature review.
5 – Reference list in APA format containing at least 8 scholarly sources of which six must be peer reviewed journal articles
– Your paper must be at a minimum of 3 pages (the Title and Reference pages do not count towards the minimum limit).
– Scholarly and credible references should be used. A good rule of thumb is at least 2 scholarly sources per page of content.
– Type in Times New Roman, 12 point and double space.
– Students will follow the current APA Style as the sole citation and reference style used in written work submitted as part of coursework.
– Points will be deducted for the use of Wikipedia or encyclopedic type sources. It is highly advised to utilize books, peer-reviewed journals, articles, archived documents, etc.