Write a 1,750-2,000-word paper, which presents an exegesis of Mark 10:32-45. Your paper must address the following:
Unformatted Attachment Preview
Exegesis of Mark 10:32-45
Write a 1,750-2,000-word paper, which presents an exegesis of Mark
10:32-45. Your paper must address the following:
1. Introduce briefly historical details of Mark and his gospel. Be sure
to include information regarding the author, date of writing,
place of writing and recipients, historical/church issues, and
2. Walk through the exegetical process of the textbook, “Chapter 5:
Understanding the Gospels Today” subsections “An Approach to
exegesis of the Gospels” up to “Essay Topics.”
3. Where does this episode fit among the major periods of Jesus’s
ministry as seen in Mark?
4. Compare and contrast with Matthew’s and Luke’s parallel
5. Why is this story in the Gospel of Mark, and why is it included at
6. Compare Jesus’s depiction of what will happen to the Son of Man
with the messianic expectations of the disciples. How is Jesus a
different kind of king?
7. What does this tell us about Jesus and what he came to
8. What does this tell us about the nature of discipleship and life in
the Kingdom of God?
Support your position by referencing at least five to seven academic
resources (two course sources plus three to five non-course sources
from the GCU Library) in addition to the Bible and the textbook.
Incorporate the research into your writing in an appropriate, scholarly
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA
Purchase answer to see full